so i have tried to keep them fairly reasonable, not easy as that wouldn't be a challenge or worth committing to, but still, here goes:
- my 'healthy body' resolution: i don't think it's any secret that i'm not happy with the way i look, my size and shape are somewhat upsetting to me..i'd like to lose some weight, and be more happy with the way i look..which means i need to make more of an effort to actually eat proper meals, at proper times, instead of getting distracted and forgetting to eat anything some days, which can't be doing a lot for my metabolism! again, i will not go into figures, but i plan to lose some weight, by doing 1hr of exercise every day, whether it's going for a run, to the gym, cycling or some wii fit or something new..one of the girls in the business networking group i recently joined does trampolining, which i quite fancy trying! i also need to include in this resolution that i need to take more care of my body; currently my skin is a total disgrace, which isn't helped by the fact that i don't make enough of an effort with it! so to achieve this resolution, i will start and maintain a food diary, and make an effort to take a packed lunch to work with me at least 2days every week..which will make me more aware of what i eat and when, do 1hr exercise / day, and improve my skincare routine..
- my 'healthy mind' resolution: i need to stop letting my emotions take over everything..i think i need to change the way i react to certain things also, be less emotional / confrontational in my attitude to relationships and other things and more positive..also, i currently probably put way too much pressure on myself to get things done, or take too much on, or leave things to the last minute (i do work a lot better under pressure, but i probably need to work on starting things a little earlier etc in order to avoid the insane amounts of pressure and stress!)..i want to try and be more organised; my concentration levels and memory are not as good as they were, mainly due to medication i have to take, but i can't hide behind that..to achieve this resolution, i plan to organise my time better (with the help of my diary and to-do lists), and try to be less hard on myself to get things done..(i know it's in my nature that i like to fill my time and keep busy, but some things are not worth the stress)..and look at things more postively!
- my 'seize the moment' resolution: ok, naff title, but it covers all the fun things i want to do, and signifies a time to stop making excuses not to do things..this list includes the following things which i plan to achieve this year:
- work towards my Queen's Guide award
- continue with my sewing, make time for it as it is something i enjoy
- learn to knit - i have ummed and ahhed about joining a local stitch n' bitch group, but i need to actually do it!
- book a holiday - i would like this to be skiing; i haven't been on holiday in several yrs, always find reasons why i don't have time etc. but i will make time!