This list is something which has been swirling around in my head for a little while now, after a conversation with a non-blogger friend of mine. She reads blogs (mine and others) and was surprised to find that I didn't fit into the pigeonhole which seems to be the "fashion blogger norm".
This list is by no means exhaustive and is meant purely as a bit of fun (none of my points are aimed at anyone in particular).
Just because I write a fashion blog:
- Doesn't mean that I want to be a professional blogger. I can't think of much worse than turning your hobbies (things you choose to do in your spare time because you enjoy doing them) into a career. The pressure would ruin it for me.
- Doesn't mean that I spend my time wandering round looking for places to take photos. I wish I had the time to do that, but I barely have time to do all of the other things in my life.
- Does not mean that I want a pug. I don't even like dogs.
- Doesn't mean I will buy into all of the latest fashion trends. I love to shop and find new things, but I know what I like. Just because everyone else might be wearing those boots with the bits cut out of the leather, doesn't mean I'll be getting a pair. Same goes for co-ords. Not for me.
- I couldn't care less about blogger awards.
- Doesn't mean I spend all of my days eating cake. In fact, I've never even tried a macaron. Nor am I exactly dying to do so. OK, so sometimes I eat cake and sometimes I even take a photo of it. (Above was taken in Stratford last weekend with the other Mean Girls.)
- I won't stop making my own clothes. As above, dressmaking is a hobby to me as well: I don't aspire to make it my profession. I like to make clothes which I can wear, and I like to wear them. I don't give two figs if my seams are a little tatty on the inside, or about machine stitching my hems. That said, I also don't think that just because I make my own, I won't buy RTW clothes. I still do.
- Does not mean I'm fussed about being invited to all the press days and events which happen (invariably on a Thursdays afternoon in London, with a day's notice) . I'd much rather hang out with my blogger pals and do something fun, like a vintage clothes workshop or one of the other Into The Blue experience days, than join the blogger bunfight for some crappy lipgloss sample in a goody bag.
- Doesn't mean I have a fashion-photographer BF. In fact, the OH utterly hates the concept of outfit blogging and certainly will not take any photos for me.
- Does not mean I "dress up" for my photos. My outfit photos are always what I've actually worn that day. I'm not a model (you can see that from my size / shape) and I don't see why else anyone would dress up just for photos.
- I am not driven by statistics. I don't care what the numbers say. I write about the things I want to write about, when I want to write about them.
How about you? Do you have any more things to add to my list?