Amazingly, there has been some. The novelty has not yet worn off, and having decided that the gym wasn't really an option last night after suffering a ridiculous coughing fit from just getting out of the car and walking up the stairs home, I decided I may as well crack on with the quilt.
So, having finished sewing my four-strip blocks together, I pressed all of the seams down. Next, they get cut into strips across. leaving me with 324 strips, all 2in wide.
The next task is to create the 16-square blocks, by putting four strips together and trying not to get too much repetition. I'm quite content with the idea of it being a random placement, but didn't really want to end up with any two squares the same next to each other. I got a little confused with the seam allowance directions to begin with, but think I've got my head around it all now.