Not a very snappy title, but I suppose it does what it says on the tin.
I've seen so much disquiet about the whole concept of new year's goals and resolutions, but I've always liked them. I find it so helpful to have a goal in mind, so my list is as follows:
- Reading - I plan to repeat my goal for the past few years, which has been to read 52 books over the course of the year. So far, I'm on my fourth of 2016, so I think this should be achievable without issue. I did consider making this more onerous, but decided that I'd rather read for pleasure rather than try to force myself to read more books.
- Allotment - this is something which has seen improvement each year, but there is still a way to go. I think to keep me focused, I'm going to do a monthly round-up post.
- Fitness - Although I'd like to lose weight, I don't think I'm quite there when it comes to putting any numbers to that. Instead, I am going to work through the Kayla Itsines BBG programme. I've also got a few gym goals, like improving my pull-ups and leg raises to do more reps etc. I'm back to swimming 5 mornings per week, which I love, and doing at least one class per week of each of the following - Metafit, piloxing, kettlebells and spinning.
- Dressmaking / general crafting - I posted my #2016makenine list on Instagram the other day. It's a list of things I want to make this year, although isn't just dressmaking projects. I have also decided that whilst I'm not going to repeat my spending ban this year, I'm going to try my best to use up the fabric I have in my stash before I buy anything new. Again, I think that monthly blog updates might be the way to do this, to keep my focus - a round-up of what I've used and what I plan to make with what remains, perhaps?
- Letter-writing. I'm a great fan of snail mail. My local post office lady tells me each time she sees me how she thinks I probably keep them going(!) and I want to try and make sure that I am better at replying this year. I found that I was falling behind last year so for 2016 I'm going to set myself a target to send at least 10 letters per month.
- Carrying on from that, I'm going to pledge to do one random act of kindness per month.
- Music - One of the things I missed last year during the spending ban was buying new music. I have quite the wishlist of albums and songs I wish to add to my ancient iPod, so I'm going to try and remember to update my music collection each month, using some of my monthly vouchers.
- Drink more water - pretty self-explanatory. I've downloaded some cute app which is reminding me to do this, and it seems to be working so far.
- Take more photos. Another fairly self-explanatory goal, I think.
What are your goals for 2016?