Oh, it's been such a while since I answered any questions for a tag post like this, so I've jumped at the chance to answer these questions posed by Jane.
Here are the questions she has asked:
1. What is your favourite book?
Browsing through the childrens' section in Waterstone's yesterday reminded me how much I loved Little Women when I was a kid. I'd read it again and again when I was about 12. Others which I remember loving and reading many times as a kid include The Secret Island by Enid Blyton; many Blyton books, really. As an adult, there aren't as many books I've read more than once but my favourite authors are probably Jill Mansell (best title there is Good at Games) and Jodi Picoult (The Tenth Circle is my favourite Picoult but I think that's more associated with the memories of the circumstances when reading it).
2. How long is your commute?
If I went directly to my office ever and not via the gym, about 5mins drive.
3. Tea or coffee? Why?
Always coffee. Apparently, I used to drink sweet tea when I was a toddler but I can't bear it now. As for coffee, the stronger the better. Black, no sugar.
4. Who is the first person from the internet that you met in real life?
This loon. And I'm very glad that I did!
5. How long have you been blogging?
It's a funny old thing, blogging. Sometimes I think about deleting the whole thing but at the moment, I've been blogging away on this platform for six and a half years.
6. What is your favourite thing in the world to do?
Honestly, I think it's walking along the beach, no matter where that might be or what the weather is doing. I find that being by the sea calms me.
7. Where is your favourite travel destination?
Again, anywhere by the sea. I love the sun, too, so maybe Spain or something. I never really got bitten by that Gap Yah travel bug and there are a lot of places which people seem to want to flock to, which really don't interest me at all. I am not very good at relaxing, so I'd prefer somewhere I can explore as well as just sunbathing (I couldn't do a week of that).
8. What is your favourite Disney film?
Although I'm really not that into Disney now (I don't understand the recent trend for grown ups visiting Disney and being obsessed with it, but I did used to watch the movies on VHS when I was a kid and we visited Florida when I was three, which was magical at the time). I loved the Little Mermaid, wanting to be her and also Alice in Wonderland.
9. If you can knit, what are you most proud of finishing?
Well, it's a recent thing, this knitting lark, and I'm by no means an expert. But I'm very proud to have finished a cardigan successfully - the Miette, which I'll share photos of soon. I have a list as long as my arm of projects I'd like to move on to.
10. When was the last time you changed your email password?
This is the kind of thing I'm hopeless at. Last month, but I can't remember how long it had been before that.
11. Fruit cake or sponge? Why?
To be honest, I make a lot, but I'm not really that fussed about cake. I'd rather have an apple.
And my 11 questions for them (and anyone else who chooses to play along):
1. What's your favourite snack?
2: How would your perfect Sunday morning look?
3. If you could spend the day with any character from a movie or TV programme, who would it be ?
4. What motivates you?
5. What made you start blogging?
6. What's your favourite word?
7. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
8. Who would you say was your biggest inspiration and why?
9. What's the one thing you are most likely to put off doing?
10. Your worst habit?
11. Which season do you prefer? Why?