Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Be yourself, so long as it suits us.

Assemble heels: Carvela
Blouse: George // Skirt: Topshop  // Necklace: New Look

This week has been a bit of a rough one thus far, I'm sad to say. Things are busy busy (when are they not?!) but I'm also facing some rather weird....shit, for want of a better word. What can only be described as backlash for being honest. Unsure how it's all going to pan out, but I'll share more when I know.

Anyhow, as a way to cheer myself up, I dug out some old favourite heels - I remember tracking these down in Birmingham on the way home from a blogger meet-up, I figured they'd go quite nicely with this new planet shaped bag, which I've recently welcomed into my novelty handbag collection. Hard to resist at less than £10! 

I made something of an error of judgement with the weather as well - I'd assumed that the grey start to the morning was as good as things were going to get, so opted for this long-sleeved bicycle print blouse, which I regretted when the temperature in my office rose to the mid-twenties. Ah well. Maybe we are set to have something of a mini heat-wave after all.

Planet Bag: Gamiss*



  1. Lovely combo. Yeah it's been a bit changeable lately from morning to later in the day, you never know how it's going to go! In regards to the iron (thought you might see it here more than my reply on my blog). I took the pills for a few months but they did very little to raise my levels, so they decided on the infusions. It was one appointment a week over 3 weeks and the hardest bit (for me anyway) was getting the cannula in. My veins are really hard to find so some weeks they tried both hands and both arms (when I'm already quite anxious about needles). I felt faint and sick once they eventually got it in (it overwhelmingly came over me), but I think it was from getting worked up about them struggling to find a vein and the needle jiggling around in me. By the third and last time I was fine!

    Once in, it's fine and painless. They just hook you up to what looks like a bag of cola and IIRC it took around an hour (sure they give you a smaller and/or slower dose the first time). I think for some people it takes the full 3 sessions to start to feel better, others feel it more quickly. For me, I never felt any better, but it got my iron up from single figures to 160+, so on paper it "worked". Though my iron was low, I was never anaemic.

    1. Thank you, I was a little worried when it was mentioned so opted for more tablets for another three months, and they'll test my levels again. I think it seems as though the tablets help but I'm struggling to retain the levels, if and when I stop taking them, so I could do with something more permanent, or ways to increase iron retention, if there's anything I can do to help that.